Friday, August 27, 2010

Frozen Oreo Pie


I don't know why, but I've been craving Oreo's ALL week.

I didn't know what I wanted to make, but I knew I had to have something, so I went to the store and bought Oreo's.  I also bought Oreo's Cookies 'N' Cream pudding because I was sure I could use that for something, too.  And some marshmallow fluff... because I love it and I was sure I could incorporate it in somewhere.  And whipped cream, because I was sure it would need a topping.

Once I got home, I started looking at some recipes and I saw this OREO and Fudge Ice Cream Cake and I really wanted to make it, but, remember?  I bought marshmallow fluff... and I was going to use it.  Also, I didn't have ice cream sandwiches, but that's just a minor detail.

So I decided to just make something with what I had and made this Frozen Oreo Pie.  I don't regret not making the Ice Cream Cake, even though I'm sure it's delicious.  This was so good.  And SO easy!! You should try it. :)

Ingredients:
  • 20 Oreo Sandwich Cookies
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 2 (heaping) tablespoons marshmallow fluff
  • 1 package Oreo Cookies N Cream pudding
  • 1 cup milk
  • (approximately) 3 cups whipped topping
  • (optional) 1 package Nabisco's Oreo Thin Crisps (for sprinkling)
  • 1 tablespoon Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Instructions:

Crush Oreo's with a food processor (or whatever chopping tool available) until you have fine crumbs.  


Mix with tablespoon of melted butter and 2 tablespoons marshmallow fluff until fully incorporated.  Once mixed, form the mixture to a pie plate.  (Doesn't have to go all the way to the top of pie plate).
 

Mix together pudding and milk for 2 minutes.


Once your pudding is made, fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.  Spread this over your Oreo "pie crust".  Then, (optional) crush up some more Oreo's and mix in with remaining cup of whipped topping.
Spread the whipped topping/Oreo mixture over pudding mixture.


Sprinkle with extra Oreo's or Oreo Thin Crisps and Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.  
Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.

 
When you cut the pie, run the knife under hot water.  It'll make it so much easier to cut.

1 comment:

Key to my heart? Comments. :)