I decided that Intervention isn't going to show up at my house. I think my mind knew that I wasn't going to be baking for a few days and it was using its survival instincts.. the one's that were saying "bake a bunch today because you're going to be too busy this week!"
Sorry for keeping recipes from you guys. I'm sure you're all feeling really deprived. Ha! Well, humor me and say you were!
Remember how I told you I made my auntie a pie? Well, I think you guys should all make your aunties this pie, too. It was definitely a hit with my auntie; she loved it. It made my day! And then, she had my aunt and uncle over to have some of it, and they loved it, too. That made my day, too. Two made days just because of this pie.. see, you should make it.
I still had some apples left from that caramel apple pie I made forever ago, so I decided it was time to use those babies up, but I only had a few, so I added some blackberries and blueberries. Delicious!
Apple-Berry Crumble Pie
Adapted from: Buns in My Oven and Martha Stewart
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 assorted apples (I used Granny Smith and Pink Ladies), peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust (I (basically) use this recipe: Pie Crust IV)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 tbsp butter, cubed
Peel and core your apples.