Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chewy on the Inside, Crunchy on the Outside Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies with Chocolate Drizzle


So is the title long enough? 

If not, tell me because I can definitely think of more adjectives for these delicious blondies!!

They are exactly as the title says:  chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside... they are also chocolate-y with a hint of mint and they have a delicious chocolate glaze that compliments them perfectly. 

If you don't like mint, you're in luck, because these are so adaptable it's ridiculous (for a few ideas, click the Smitten Kitchen link).  Sometimes I swear my head isn't attached to my body, and tonight happened to be one of those nights.  My Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies are actually PEPPERmint Chocolate Chip Blondies.  I grabbed the peppermint extract instead of the mint extract, but luckily these are extremely hard to mess up and they still turned out wonderfully.  I guess I just wanted to get started early on Christmas recipes.

Make sure you make these with people around or that you're making them for a party.  If there are no people around, plan on eating the whole batch of them. 

Mix melted butter and sugar.
Add flour.
Mix in chocolate chips and mint extract.
Pour into greased dish.
Make glaze.
Eat, eat, eat!!

Mint Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from:  Smitten Kitchen

8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp mint extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Optional:  Chocolate Glaze

  1. Butter an 8×8 pan
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
  4. Add salt, stir in flour until just combined. Mix in mint extract and chocolate chips.
  5. Pour into prepared pan/ dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. They won't get dark, so make sure you check with a toothpick!  Cool on rack before cutting them.
  6. Make glaze and drizzle (our pour, in my case) on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)