Friday, September 24, 2010

Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables (and Sausage)


This may be a surprise, but sometimes I actually eat things other than dessert.
What?!  Shocking, right?
Every once in a while, I try to act like a responsible adult.
I go to classes, do my homework, go to work, and eat my vegetables.
And sometimes, I even like the vegetables...
I don't know if you've ever been to Silver Dollar City, but if you haven't, it's a family friendly, 1880's themed theme park.
They have a few places in the park with 'skillet foods', or just foods made in skillets.  I am so obsessed with any food made in a skillet, I couldn't tell you why, though. There's one called "Family Feud" and it has okra, corn, potatoes, sausage, etc. etc. and it's my absolute favorite (real) food in the world.  So, if you ever go to Silver Dollar City, you should try it.
I swear there is a point to the story I just told...
The recipe (below) tastes pretty darn close to the Family Feud skillet.  If you have problems being responsible (like me) and eating your vegetables, you should consider this recipe.

Easy Oven Roasted Vegetables (and Sausage)
Adapted from: All Recipes

Ingredients

  • 18 fresh okra pods
  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 summer sausage link
  • 1 small yellow squash
  • 1 small green squash
  • 1 can of corn
  • 2 small potatoes
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt, or to taste
  • 2 tablespoons black pepper, or to taste
  • 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
  1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Chop all vegetables/sausage to desired thickness (or about 1/3 inch thick) and put in a large bowl.
  3. Add oil, salt, pepper, and Greek seasoning and mix until everything is coated.
  4. Layer mixture on a foil lined cookie sheet. 
  5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
**You can add vegetables or take them out depending on your preference.You can also add whatever seasoning you would like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)