Sunday, December 19, 2010

Shrimp Linguine


So, I don't always bake.

Sometimes I do other things. 

Like try to cook...the thing I prefer about cooking over baking is that it's so easy to fine-tune a recipe.  You don't put something together and then pop it in the oven hoping for the best.  You can add a pinch of this or a dash of that throughout the entire process until it's exactly how you like it. You can't exactly add another egg or more sugar to a cupcake after it's been baked. However, the downside to cooking (for me at least) is that I end up with a completely different recipe than I started with and I don't remember what I added a pinch or a dash of to change it....

This recipe is the perfect example of adjusting a food until you get it how you want it.  The recipe below is the baseline I used to make my shrimp linguine with.  It was really good and I am not a cook so if I can do it, anyone can. Add your own pinches and dashes to your liking and enjoy! :o)

Shrimp Linguine
AllRecipes




Ingredients

  • 1 (12 ounce) package linguine pasta
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 4 tablespoons diced onion
  • 4 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 40 small shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 cup half-and-half
  • 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
  • 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 sprigs fresh parsley
  • 4 slices lemon, for garnish

Directions

  1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan. Saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender. Add shrimp; saute over high heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in half-and-half. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
  3. Place pasta in a serving dish, and cover with shrimp sauce. Sprinkle with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)