Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Breakfast Pie


I'm so honored because I received the Operation Beautiful Award from Lizzie.


She's a wonderful new blogger so go check her out! :)  Thanks, Lizzie! <3

This is what you have to do:


-Write 3 things you like about your looks.
1. I like my face.
2. I like my hair.
3. I like my nails.

-Write 3 things you appreciate about your personality.
1. I like that I'm honest.
2. I like that I can (sometimes ;)) make people laugh.
3. I like that I would be willing to help anybody out that needed it.

-Write about something you find beautiful in other people.
I love when people are caring and compassionate.  I think that anybody can be beautiful as long as they're pretty on the inside.

-Award as many other people as you like and let them know!
Oh gosh, there are too many people that I want to give this to!
How about if you're reading this, you can do it on your blog and say it's from me! :)  You're all deserving of it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I made a breakfast pie.

Kellen hates pie.  Somehow we got to talking about whether or not he would like a savory pie and he said he didn't know.  So... I made one.  And it was delicious!!









:)
Breakfast Pie

Ingredients:
1 unbaked pie shell
4 sausage patties
4 eggs
1 potato
3/4 cup cheese
Seasoned salt to taste

Topping (optional... I kind of thought it was too much with the crust):
1 cup all-purpose flour1 teaspoons baking powder1/8 teaspoons salt4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces1 tbs milk or buttermilk

Directions:
1.  Peel potato and cut into small pieces.
2.  Boil potato until it starts to get soft, but not completely cooked.  Set aside.
3.  Cut up sausage patties and microwave for 1 minute, or until warm, but not completely cooked.
4.  In a saucepan, combine potatoes, sausage, and eggs.  Keep stirring on stove for about 1 minute.
5.  Layer pie shell with the 3/4 cup cheese and potato, sausage, and egg mixture.  Salt to taste.
6. *Optional: Mix first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.  Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it forms small crumbs.  Add milk.
7.  Layer topping over the pie.
8.  Bake 30-40 minutes or until edges are golden brown.



    15 comments:

    1. That Operation Beautiful idea is such a great.  Women can be really hard on themselves, so it's nice to take moment to recognize the things we love about ourselves.  
      Also, my husband would LOVE that breakfast pie since it's basically all of his favorite foods combined together.  I'll have to make it for him soon.  Thanks for sharing!

      -Emily
      http://ordinaryarts.wordpress.com/

      ReplyDelete
    2. who hates pie?! haha, i love pie :) this looks great, almost like a quiche!

      ReplyDelete
    3. mmm, this looks like the best breakfast idea yet! i'm going to have to try this, this summer. also, i love your little notes on your beautiful operation award. :) 

      ReplyDelete
    4. This looks right up my ally! Thanks for sharing :]

      ReplyDelete
    5. This looks incredibly delicious. I love breakfast food, and am definitely making this!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I just love this operation beautiful concept! 
      And the pie is delicious, I've never hav pie for breakfast!
      http://ohyummy.canalblog.com/

      ReplyDelete
    7. thank you gen, i love it, too!
      i never had before either!

      ReplyDelete
    8. thanks jessica! :)
      breakfast food is my FAVORITE!

      ReplyDelete
    9. bri, thank you!
      i love the operation beautiful concept!

      ReplyDelete
    10. i know, i love it!! i completely agree. it was kind of hard actually, since i'm not used to complimenting myself. it's a nice confidence booster!
      i hope you try it, it was so good! 

      ReplyDelete
    11. What a great breakfast idea. I love sausage patties :D

      ReplyDelete
    12. who hates pie?! haha, i love pie :) this looks great, almost like a quiche!

      ReplyDelete

    Key to my heart? Comments. :)