Okay, so remember how I told you guys I made my dad my grandma's "coffee cake" (aka cinnamon rolls) for Father's Day?
Well, I ended up burning them while I was writing that post!
How sad is that? I was really upset, especially since I worked so hard to do something special for my dad.
I haaattee when my surprises are ruined! I put all that time and effort into making something so perfect for somebody and then it gets ruined! Such a bummer!
It's okay, though. You know why? When life hands you burnt cinnamon rolls, go with it.
The centers of mine were still okay, so I made cinnamon roll balls. Like cake balls, only cinnamon rolls!
Have you guys ever accidentally ruined a surprise? What did you do about it?
Cinnamon Roll Balls
2-3 large cinnamon rolls
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 cups white chocolate
2 teaspoons oil
1. Process cinnamon rolls in a food processor until small crumbs are formed.
2. Add water and powdered sugar. *Add more water if needed. Should be a doughy consistency. (The water and powdered sugar are to make an 'icing' flavor.)
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and place in freezer until semi-sold.
4. Melt white chocolate and oil.
5. Dip balls into chocolate. Chill until the chocolate has hardened.
*Optional: Sprinkle with cinnamon.