You know those Uncrustables? The peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the go?
Well I used to be completely obsessed with them... like eat them every day at least once obsessed.
So when I had leftover pie crust from my Banana Cream Pie, I thought "Why not fill it with peanut butter and jelly" And then I did it. And they came out super yummy... the dough was rolled really thin so it was flaky and and I loved that the peanut butter and jelly melted and oozed out of the sides of the 'hand pies'. My only complaint is that I couldn't fit enough filling in them, but other than that, great!
I just want to say a huge thank you to whoever referred my blog to StumbleUpon yesterday because I've never had so many page views in one day! You made my day! :) So thank you, these are for you!
What was your favorite snack as a kid?
Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Hand Pies
1 serving of your favorite pie crust, unbaked
1/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
1/4 cup jelly
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Roll out dough as thin as you can get it without tearing, or as thick as you want it.
3. Using a round cookie cutter, cut circles out of your dough.
4. Fill each circle with 1 teaspoon peanut butter and 1 teaspoon jelly. Fold in half and pinch off the edges.
5. Brush each folded hand pie with egg whites and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the edges start to slightly turn brown.