Vanilla brownies? Whaaatt?
I was feelin' creative when I made these and thought, "Why not?"
So yes, brownies made with vanilla pudding mix = vanilla brownies.
Add some peanut butter frosting on top and you've got yourself a vanilla/chocolate/peanut butter masterpiece. They're ooey and gooey and awesome. You really just can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. One of my friends who doesn't like brownies told me he loved it.
I thought I'd give you guys this recipe before I start going crazy with pumpkin/fall/Halloween recipes. So enjoy it because they're coming soon.
Vanilla Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
· 3/4 cup butter
· 3/4 cup white sugar
· 3 eggs
· 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1 package vanilla pudding
· 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Beat in cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, vanilla pudding, and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Frost with this frosting.