Biscotti are Italian cookies.
They're baked twice to make them crunchy. I personally like them once baked, but I definitely don't mind them twice-baked. Especially when they have Oreo's in them, like these.
Biscotti are probably one of my favorite things to bake. I'm not really sure why, but I really enjoy the whole process. That is, until the cutting process.
Does anyone else have troubles cutting their Biscotti? I never know if I'm supposed to cut it diagonally or straight across, but I always do it diagonally. Then I always have awkward pieces at the end... I just assume those are meant to be test pieces.
These Oreo Biscotti have been my favorite ones I've made so far... they were wonderful. I bet they'd be even better with this Cookies n Cream coffee that I really want. I drizzled them with melted white chocolate and crumbled Oreo's to add a little more flavor, crunch, and sweetness, since Biscotti aren't super sweet. If you're an Oreo fan, I guarantee you'll like these. The best thing about these is that you can adapt them however you want; just take out the Oreo's and add your ingredient of choice.
Do you guys have any favorite Biscotti recipes?
White Chocolate Oreo Biscotti
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
2 ounces semisweet chocolate or 2 ounces white chocolate, melted
1. Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Fold in chopped cookies.
4. Divide mixture in half.
5. With floured hands, shape each half into a 9x3-inch loaf on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centers come out clean.
7. Remove from oven; cool for 10 minutes.
8. Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2-inch thick) slices.
9 Place slices, cut side up, on same baking sheet.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes more on each side or until lightly toasted.
11. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate.