Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Parmesan Cheddar Quick Bread


I don't post a lot of savory recipes.

Mainly because I don't make very many, but if you guys want more, I'll give you more.

Would you like to see more savory recipes on What Katie's Baking?
Yes
No



  
pollcode.com free polls 
This bread turned out so much better than I was expecting.  I had never made a savory quick bread, so I was a little hesitant.  That hesitancy was silly because it turned out awesome.  If you've ever had the biscuits from Red Lobster, then you will love these because that's exactly what these taste like.

Kellen and I paired this with garlic spaghetti.   I suggest you do this for dinner tomorrow and impress whoever you're cooking for.  Dooo ittt.

On a side note, my friends at Glass of Milk Cake Company created a Facebook page just recently and would really appreciate your "likes," so...


...by clicking HERE!

Thank you, it's very much appreciated.  Check out this cute cupcake I got from them.


What's the link to your Facebook page? 







Parmesan Cheddar Quick Bread
All Recipes


Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, leave some to sprinkle on top
  • 1/2 cup parmesan shredded cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese. 
  3. In another large bowl, beat together egg, milk and oil. 
  4. Stir the flour/cheese mixture into the egg mixture, stirring until just moistened. 
  5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.




4 comments:

  1. This bread looks really tasty...as does that big chunk of butter sitting next to it!  haha.  I've never made a savory quick bread either, but this is definitely tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Hi Katie, I have never made a quick bread... I think you have inspired me!  Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I just want to spread the butter over the warm cake and have a good bite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would love this! He loves parmesan so much! 

    ReplyDelete

Key to my heart? Comments. :)