Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chocolate Chip Ginger Molasses Cookies


Let me just start off by telling you all how excited I am!

I'm currently getting my general education classes out of the way and Developmental Psychology is one of the classes I'm taking.

I had a test on Monday over 3 chapters.  3 chapters=18 pages of notes.


We hadn't taken a test yet and we've been in school since August.

That's a lot to pile into one test, so I figured I'd better study 'til I couldn't study any longer.

So I did, and guess what!? 

I got a 101%.

I wish I could express to you how excited I was (still am). 

I can't, though, so I will just express my happiness with these cookies. 

I made these and took them to my classes with me, minus twenty a couple, and came home empty-handed.  Thank you Joy The Baker!  They are bursting with spices and they made my kitchen smell very fall-esque. 

Are there any recipes you guys want to see? Let me know, I love making new things! :)

Sift the non liquids.
Mix the liquids.
Add the molasses.
Put the mixtures together. 
Fold in yummy chocolate chip goodness.
Put them in the oven looking like this.
Get them out looking like this!


Chocolate Chip Ginger Molasses Cookies
From: Joy The Baker

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi sweet)
1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling dough balls

Position a rack in the middle of the oven.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or just spray lightly with cooking spray.
Sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.  In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until smoothly blended, about 2 minutes.  Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing.  Add the egg and molasses and mix until blended and an even light color, about 1 minute.  On low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just to incorporate it.  Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spread the granulated sugar into a small bowl.  Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough between the palms of your hands into a ball, toss the ball in sugar to coat and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Continue making cookies, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm but they are still soft in the center and there are several large cracks on top, about 12-14 minutes.  Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
The cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days, not that I would know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)