Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Caramel Corn



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

I made you all some caramel corn to celebrate the occasion.

Come over and share it with me, I made a second batch today.

But I'm warning you, it's addictive.

I wanted to make something semi-festive and easy and I didn't want to make frosted sugar cookies, so Halloween caramel corn was the obvious choice.

I'd never made it before and I'm not a huge caramel corn fan, but I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I'm a fiend now.  I need help!  I shouldn't have made the second batch, but we ran out... and it's Halloween... and.. well those are my only excuses.

Make this! :)

 Pop your popcorn.
 Add the peanuts.
 Make caramel.
Mix together.
 Bake at 350.
 It should look like this straight from the oven.

 Add in your candies and ENJOY!

Have a good Halloween!

P.S. What were your guys' costumes?!




Halloween Caramel Corn
Adapted from:  Karans Kitchen

(8 cups) popped corn (I recommend buttered from the bag)
1 cup honey dry roasted peanuts
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, Candy Corn, broken Butterfingers... whatever!

Combine popcorn and peanuts in a bowl.
Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in 2 cup glass measure.  Microwave (high) for 1 1/2 minutes; whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.
Drizzle over popcorn mixture; stir until popcorn is coated.
Transfer to a 9 by 13 in baking dish.
Bake in 350 degree oven, stirring every 3 minutes during baking, until coating is dry, about 10 - 12 minutes. Spread onto foil-lined tray to cool slightly.  Stir in candies.  Store in tightly sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)