Saturday, October 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Fudge with Chocolate Topping


I never really crave peanut butter.  I'll eat it, but it's not one of my favorite flavors, so I don't use it very often.

I've also never made fudge before.

You're probably wondering why I made peanut butter fudge, then.  Well, Kellen asked for it... but I had to make another batch for myself because I could not get enough of this stuff.

I dreamt about it, I couldn't get it off my mind... it was haunting me.  I tried so hard not to make more for myself once I gave the first batch away, but, I have no will power.  Fortunately (or unfortunately?), my dad asked where all the fudge went, so I had to make it, then.  Right?  Right. 

This is super easy to make, so make it!!! You won't regret it, and if you do, well.. send it to me.

Just a question, but would you guys like to see an occasional video on steps for making a recipe?  I was talking with a coworker today and he mentioned how he's going to make videos for singing, and I thought "Hey, I could do that for baking."  Plus... Joy the Baker does it, and who's cooler than her?  No one.

 *Don't forget to melt chocolate first! Sorry for lack of a picture.

 Mix in peanut butter after boiling brown sugar, butter, and milk.
This is what it'll look like after it's mixed.
This is what it will look like after adding the powdered sugar.
Pour it in the pan.
Add the melted chocolate.
Finished product. Good luck waiting on it to chill.  It's good warm, too.
Peanut Butter Fudge w/ Optional Chocolate Topping
Adapted from: All Recipes

Ingredients

Fudge:

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups confectioners' sugar
 Topping:
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions

  1. Combine together chocolate chips and whipping cream on a double broiler, or in the microwave until melted.
  2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. 
  3. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla.
  4. Slowly mix in powdered sugar, beating until smooth.  Mixture should be thick, but not crumbly. (May not use all of the powdered sugar) Pour into an 8x8 inch dish. 
  5. Pour chocolate topping evenly over the top.
  6. Chill until firm and cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)