Thursday, November 25, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

 
If your family is a little strange like mine, then giving this recipe to you now is perfect.

My family isn't having Thanksgiving until Sunday this year, but that's okay. 

I don't know about you all, but I am feeling super thankful today.   I have a great family, boyfriend, and friends.  A great job, a wonderful home and neighborhood, clothing, food, etc.  I have absolutely zero room to complain.  I'm glad that there's a holiday that makes people stop and realize what they have.  It's sometimes very easy to get caught up in every day life and take things for granted.

So stop and think about all that you're thankful for today.   I would love to hear why, so leave a comment!  Happy Thanksgiving!  Eat some turkey for me today :)


Libby's Pumpkin Pie
From:  Libby's Pumpkin Can

 Beat the eggs.
 Combine dry ingredients.
 Add the rest.
 Mix, mix, mix!
 Add evaporated milk.
 Fill your crust.
Please don't judge my ugly pie!

Ingredients

  • 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  2. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)