Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Granola Bar Pie


When I wake up from naps, I'm always ravenously hungry.  Every time.  It never fails.  Is that weird?  I woke up from a nap a couple of days ago and had a serious craving for a granola bar.  We didn't have any, so I decided to make some. 

I threw together some ingredients and right when I was about to put them in the oven, I remembered that my dad dropped my pyrex dish... with cinnamon rolls still in it... it shattered everywhere... Luckily I'm not bitter about it.  But anyway, I didn't have a dish to put them in.  I was just going to put them in two mini pyrex dishes, but then I saw a pie plate and decided to get creative.

Leave it to me to take a perfectly healthy snack and turn it into a sweet, chocolatey concoction.  I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but I decided that you can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.  I was so, so right.  The "crust" was chewy and the center was gooey and the melty chocolate middle really accentuated the peanut butter in the crust.  Please make these.  It would make me happy. :)


 Put all ingredients in a bowl.
 This is the marketside vanilla dip
 Mix all ingredients together.
 Add the middle layers.
Add the top layer and bake.

Granola Bar Pie

"Crust":
3 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup yogurt or Marketside vanilla dip (pictured below)
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

Filling:
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Combine all of the crust ingredients together in a bowl and mix until incorporated.
3.  Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a standard sized pie plate.
4.  Sprinkle chocolate chips and coconut evenly over the crust.  Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the pie.  It may seem like a lot, but you've got a lot of crust.  It works, trust me.
5.  Lightly press the remaining half of the mixture over the pie.
6.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.  Cut once cooled. 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. I wonder if I can sub. the vanilla dip for cream cheese and vanilla?? I am snowed in and this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Key to my heart? Comments. :)