Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Honey Glazed Trail Mix


I'm very happy to inform you that I started a photography class last night.

I would like to think I can bake, but when it comes to photographing my baking...not so much.  So, I decided that a photography class would be a good first step.  It's kind of hard to believe that a cake tastes delicious when you can clearly see that the cake does not look delicious, no matter how much I try to persuade you that it really does.  So please, photography teacher, help me!

My first assignment is to take a minimum twenty pictures using the rules of photography.  It's due Tuesday.  I will be using my baked goods as one of my main subjects.  Bear with me!  There's probably only so much you can do with a point and shoot camera.  Or maybe that's just my excuse for sucking.  I hope the class helps because I just had to pay to be able to add any more pictures on here. 

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the trail mix I made, but I was excited and had to let you all know about it.  I guess I could tell you about the trail mix, though.  It's delicious.  It's a mixture of sweet and salty, which I love.  Every bite has a sweet, crunchy glaze wrapped around a salty piece of the mix.  So good, but warning:  it's addictive.  I had to wrap it up in muffin cups and take it to work to pass out because I couldn't stop eating it.

Also, I just realized I only took one picture of this recipe.  After I wrote the entire post about photography... Of course.

Honey Glazed Trail Mix
All Recipes
*You can add whatever you want, as you can see.  I added cheerios
  • 4 cups Rice or Corn Chex® cereal
  • 1 1/2 cups miniature pretzels
  • 1 cup pecan halves
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/4 cup honey

Directions

  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, pretzels and pecans; set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in honey and blend well. Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat evenly. Spread in a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly glazed, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Spread on waxed paper to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)