Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thin Mint Green Monster


Man, it has just been one of those days.

You know those days where nothing goes right?  Where you just stop doing things because you know it's pointless.

That's my excuse for homework, at least.  I'm sure that would go over really well.  "I didn't do my homework because I knew I was going to fail."  But, I insist on making a blog post instead of doing it anyway.

This day is putting me in a bad mood and there's only so many times you can claim it's "that time of the month" before people start questioning you.  "Katie, didn't you say "your time of the month" was last week?" Uh, what? No!

I just have a few quick requests....

Dear puddle, get away from my shoes.
Dear bobby pins, please restock yourself.
Dear teacher, please don't get mad at me because I was having technical difficulties with my computer.  It's not my fault.
Dear homework, if you aren't "group work", please don't have "group work" written on you so I don't wait to do it in class with a group when I was supposed to do it by myself.
Dear cat, please quit puking on all of my stuff.  SERIOUSLY!
Dear Verizon, please get the iPhone so I can finally have my birthday present.  (I'm in a bad mood, I can be greedy).
Dear Pretty Little Liars, please just tell me who "A" is. (Don't make fun of me.  It's an unhealthy habit that can't be stopped.)
Dear Glee cast, please don't ever sing Justin Bieber songs again, and if you do, please don't make Sam sing it; you're ruining him for me. (Again, don't make fun of me.)
Dear Mom, who accidentally bought the wrong thing at the store today, it's okay. It was probably my fault!!
Dear blogger, please don't tell me an error occurred when I try to post this recipe!!!!!

Okay, so it was nothing significant, but it just added up today and I was not having any of it.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I've been obsessed with these Green Monster smoothies lately.  There's a whole site dedicated to recipes for them, so I think I'm set for life.

They have spinach in them.  They're green.  They taste delicious.  If you're like me, you're really hesitant about the green/spinach thing.  Ew.  When I take these to work with me, I put them in a non-see-through (that's a word right?) cup because they're so nasty looking.

But please trust me when I tell you that you can't even taste the spinach.  It's a really good way to get vegetables into your diet if you're anti-veggies.  The one I've been making lately tastes exactly like a Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie.  I swear!  Don't believe me?  Try it for yourself!

Also, if anyone has any tips on making one of these look appetizing, please let me in on your secret.

P.S. Happy late Valentine's Day.  I hope you all enjoyed it.  I did!  Post on that coming soon :)



Thin Mint Green Monster

1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used vanilla and added two tablespoons of cocoa powder)
1 cup milk
1 HUGE handful of spinach

1/8 tsp mint extract (or to taste)
Sweetener, to taste.  I add a bunch of agave nectar.
Ice cubes to desired consistency.  I like mine super thick so I add a bunch

Blend all ingredients in a blender.  Easy as pie. 



P.S. I'm trying to win a free box of Clif Bars and I'm also trying to win a package from Fitting It All In of her favorite things.  You should all check out her blog, it's very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Key to my heart? Comments. :)