I'm having some technical difficulties with my blog right now. I tried adding a new header, but for some reason I keep getting an 'internal error' and my picture won't upload. Until I can get a picture to upload, I'm testing a new format. Let me know what you think of it.
Remember that awesome Healthy Pumpkin Flavored Cream Cheese I just made? Well, if you're struggling to find things to spread it on (which I'm sure you're not) I have a few ideas.
- Rice Cakes. My personal favorite to put it on is Apple Cinnamon rice cakes.
- Wheat Thins. The salty and sweat combo = perfection.
- Toast. I think this one is a given.
- Bananas. Such a healthy treat.
- Ice Cream. Have you had the Ben and Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake ice cream? Yeah, well, just mix this in with vanilla ice cream, and top with graham crackers and it tastes just like it.
- Pumpkin Banana Bread. This is so good on pumpkin banana bread!
Don't have pumpkin banana bread? Luckily, Gina is a gina-ious (ha ha) and has provided us all with a recipe:
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, egg, bananas, pumpkin and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and nuts (if using), then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake on the center rack for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
- Spread with pumpkin cream cheese. Enjoy.