Monday, December 12, 2011

Smorgie- The easy way to keep track of restaurants



Have you ever eaten somewhere that was amazing and then you go to tell your friends about it or try to find it again and you can't because you forgot the name?

Yeah, I do that all the time.


How about a restaurant that a friend told you about that you really wanted to try, but, once again, you forgot the name so you can't?

Yep, I do that all the time, too.

If you haven't heard of Smorgie (www.smorgie.com) and you suffer from brain farts, definitely check out this site.  It's pretty sweet.

What is it? You can create lists and add restaurants where you've eaten or want to eat and then add a description about the restaurant.  It's basically a restaurant diary.  You eat somewhere, sign in to Smorgie, write a description about the place where you just ate, you add it to a list, and repeat. Or, you're dying to eat at a restaurant, and so you don't forget, you log it on Smorgie so you don't forget about it.


For example, I created a list called "Places I'd Like to Visit Again."


In that category, I created a place: Magnolia Bakery.


Super simple to use, super helpful, and it's freeeee! 


And they have an iPhone app, too, which makes it the perfect website for traveling.  When I visited New York and Portland, I ate at so many restaurants and had so much amazing food, but there's no way that I could remember them all.  I really wish I would've had Smorgie then.

Have you used Smorgie?  What do you think about it?

1 comment:

Key to my heart? Comments. :)